Saturday, February 28, 2009

March 1, 2009

its about that time -
to get my ass in gear
to get in the pool
to get on the bike
to get in my running shoes -
its time to train.

tomorrow will be my first official day back at it. what am i feeling? to tell you the truth, i'm feeling a little scared, uneasy, doubtful, UNmotivated and worst of all sort of like i'm not so sure i want to continue training like i did last July-October. i've been dealing with some personal demons - i guess on some level i always have been, always am, might always be...and that, ladies and gentlemen, doesn't bode particularly well for getting started in training again, but does permit me to work through it in a physical act instead of just a mental one, which i think will be a positive avenue. and to tell you the truth, these demons - they are what they are, something to work through - not hide from, deny or even be ashamed of. they are what they are and they've made me who i am today. me today needs to work through it. me tomorrow? well, who knows. better i guess. so here's to tomorrow and the prescribed activity given by the kind and thoughtful CB:

"let's just go out, get you back on the bike and do a ride. do what you want, nothing crazy. just make sure you're out there for 90 minutes and let me know how it goes"

90 minutes, huh? here goes nothing...or something :)

4 comments:

beth said...

katie. getting back into has gotta be tough. start the first few weeks with focusing on workouts you like (love?) and save the not-so-fun stuff for later...
make march about just getting moving and have fun with it. hope to see you out on a ride with me soon!

rocketpants said...

I can't wait to hear how the ride went! I hope it went as well as you were hoping. :-)

Speed Racer said...

What do they always say in the women's magazines? You may not want to go out and work out, but once you get dressed, go to the gym(/get on the road, whatever), and get 10 minutes in, then you won't want to stop. And when it's over, you'll be glad you did. There's SOME good advice buried in those magazines... And if that doesn't work, you could do what I and many of my friends do, and just use training to run away from your demons and avoid working through your problems. :)

Tina Marie Parker said...

So, what happened in the ninety minutes?

Search This Blog