Saturday, April 1, 2006

Training Update #2

well hello everyone,

I thought I'd write you all a quick update straight off a great day's training. We did Torrey Pines Hill repeats today, consisting of 4 repeats of a pretty steep 2.5 mile climb and 2.5 mile descend. It was one of our most challenging sessions to date, but so rewarding to have made the accomplishment. Oh and GREAT news, I didn't fall once!!!! So that's super exciting for me (and my knee!). Last Sunday we had our toughest running session, the Lake Penesquitos Canyon run, where I honestly thought I was going to have to be life-flighted out of the mountains I was so beat! But luckily, I had my team there to help push me through and the thoughts of Clark and Josh helped a lot as well!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!! to everyone who has donated so far. I am HALF WAY THERE and only have $1157 to go out of the $2700 and I am so very grateful that you all have believed in me enough to show your support through your generous donations. I have even earned enough to get my (much needed) wetsuit for our first open water ocean swim this weekend!!!...

Tim & Kati Bartley, CA
Bonnie Gandy, CA
Bill Schultz, CA
Lisa Saneda, CA
Chris Baker, CA
Emma Kirkpatrick, LA
Victor Wells, CA
Patrick Anderson, CA
Dominic Nicolini, MD
John Murphy, CA
Brenda Beierman, TX
Thomas Gorrie Family, CA
Amy Bell, TX
Brett Keen, CA
Stuart Grazier, CA
Chris Morrison, Dallas, TX
Nicole Astrella, NJ
Mom (of course!!!!!!), TX
Cody Beierman, Belton, TX
Jessika Stephens, Dallas, TX
Adam Johnson, TAMU, TX
Robert & Sonja Hunsaker, CA
Grandma Nellie Bell, FL
Tonice White, CA
Tammy & Rick Bartley, AR
Russel Robbin, TAMU, TX


This week's training schedule:
MONDAY: Rest day

TUESDAY: Swim on your own (atleast 1 mi), JCC at 7:30

WEDNESDAY: This week will NOT be at track. We will be meeting at Cane’s in PB for a long “fartlek” run as a team. (oh brings me back to the days of soccer...)

THURSDAY: Swim at JCC as usual for coached swim and building drills

FRIDAY: Bike easy 22 miles.

SATURDAY: BRICK WORKOUT #2: ride from Solana Beach, through Rancho Santa Fe and beyond, and back. Afterwards, we will run San Elijo Lagoon; be prepared for a very long session!!!!

SUNDAY: 10 am run with Sam. Again we will be building our mileage and doing some hill work. First OCEAN SWIM is Sunday at 1:00 pm. This tends to be a long session, as we have a lot to cover regarding use of wetsuits, safety, open water swimming, and oh yeah, the actual workout. (i'm so nervous, I need lots of prayers so the sharks stay very far away from me!!!)

So, this week is gonna be a tough one and I am really getting good at preparing myself mentally for each session and my endurance and skill is improving in leaps with each practice. I feel very blessed that I have all of you to share this with and glad that you all care so much. Please remember to pass this along to anyone who you think might enjoy it. Let me know if you have any fundraising ideas for me as well and of course PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Your encouragement helps so very much, even if its just a few short words or small donation. Every bit of each of you helps me to get through this journey...

love you

No comments:

Search This Blog