Tuesday, September 8, 2009

oh my WOD

so we did it - the 10 10 10 - 10 below parallel squats, run up the convention center stairs, 10 full sit ups, run back down the stairs X 10 rounds...OUCH was my initial observation from the word go. i had successfully talked bg into coming with me - i felt like having company while i tortured myself. ends up i ran myself into oblivion instead...

so i show bg how the "Cross Fit" style squats and sit ups go, we do a warm up lap the length of the Convention Center, stretch and kinda start to fear the beast we are going to attempt to tame. we set up shop at the bottom, with our water bottles strategically placed in the narrow shadows of the rail, as the sun was already beating down and it was only 9 AM...and then we were off, at first, step for step up the stairs to what we thought was the top only to find out it levels off for a breath and continues up about 10 feet away with another 2 rises...right. i tell bg to set it out here, we'll catch the final two flights on our next climb - we'll use this as "warm up"...again right. we descend and immediately hit the squats, i a bit faster at the movement, but bg keeping his own. we ascend again and at the top, just before the breathing strip i think, out loud mind you, "FUCK" and sit my very tired little ass down right where i sat it for the first one and said to bg, well more like grunted like an out of shape fat kid, "we'll stay here...have to work up to those," where bg returned with something to the effect like "yeah, i thought so" and continued on with our sit ups. please remember this is only set number 2 - bg still one step behind me the whole way, really putting out and i'm impressed seeing as this is his first "Cross Fit" style workout - he's a triathlete - so i wasn't really sure what to expect from him, but damn it if he wasn't giving me a run for my money! fast forward to round 5, and i have to stop to get a drink, its God awful hot and then it happens, bg pulls ahead and i think oh no, but i can't stop drinking, like literally cannot pull my hands away from the bottle that is housing the life giving liquid that is now filling up my fat little belly with so much goodness...and then it happens - its gone and i'm devastated and bg finishes his squats and OH FREAKING NO, starts to climb so now i have to play catch up. damn it bg, can't you just give into the urge to drink?! and have i made it clear yet how much this little jaunt is hurting me?! and not hurt as in "oh my, this is uncomfortable," but hurt as in "Good God Almighty, who in the hell decided to come up with this shit show of a workout and who in the hell talked me into doing it?!" oh wait, me...and me again. shit.

bg finished in 15:59. i finished in 16:01. and then we ate. a lot. :)

No comments:

Search This Blog