Tuesday, August 18, 2009

WOD 8/18/2009

well its official, my shoulder is hurt, so today's workout sucked boo-tay:

warm up - 2 laps plus stretching

"Elizabeth"
21-15-9
Squat Clean
Ring Dips
13:12

the workout hurt, in more ways than one. first off, i tried to do the same weight as T, which was a BAD idea - she's just stronger than i am and that's that. so 65 lbs was way too much esp since i have a bum shoulder at the moment. so after my first set of 21, i dropped down to just the 45 lb bar and that seemed to hold up much better, so that is what i finished the workout with. i got frustrated with myself that i couldn't do the first weight, but then i got to thinking and my thinking led me to a good place - i'm just not there yet. i may never be and that's okay too. i have to remember i'm not training for anything right now so doing what i can is good enough for me, and the amount of weight you can push is all relative anyways so i'm good with it. what i am still annoyed with is that i attempted the weight that was too much and now my shoulder is throbbing, and i'm a little bit worse for the wear - its all learning though so i can't be too upset. now i know not to go overboard :)

and i'm pretty sure that my problem right now is i'm not eating enough...maybe? i don't know, i went to bed at 8 last night, i did have a good dinner (a big salad with protein and lots o cheese!) but i woke up tired and i'm freaking dead right now - like so tired if i put my head down i'd pass out. granted i didn't sleep all that well but it seems a little extreme to be this damn tired. i also feel like my body is taking a little longer to recover between yesterday and today. i'm going to definately stick with muy thai tonight but take Wednesday night off and see how i am feeling for Thursday's muy thai class so i dont over do it. i did forget my Inflammex shake last night so that could have something to do with it too. who knows, i feel like i'm almost too in touch with my body right now (which i know isn't possible) but it makes it hard to try and dumbly ignore all the signs like back before i started listening to what it was telling me :) since i'm taking tomorrow night off, i'm going to try and con good ol' Jeffrey into a run on Saturday AM to make up for it. i guess we'll see what he's willing to do, won't we ;)

the LSD last night was good. we did about 3 miles and thankfully (thank you God for this) my knees didn't start hurting. i was concentrated on listening to the way i was feeling throughout the run. we kept it at or below 153 bpm the whole time, chatting it up the whole way so we were sure to stay in the cardiovascular building zone. it actually felt really great besides the fact i forgot socks and had to borrow a pair of cotton ones that were not so forgiving on my poor little feet, but all in all, the run went well and i am very pleased with the sp.eds. yay for running!

2 comments:

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

That's the fun of training...all the eating :-)

Well, at least for me.

Be well KB!

rocketpants said...

What is this?? Running with no knee pain!!!! Yipee!! That is awesome. :-)

Search This Blog